FIVE

It was just a moment five years ago…a moment that changed everything. 

I came to a working monastery today, knowing that it would be the one place where I could just ‘be,’ and not be asked any questions, as this is a monastery filled with Benedictine Monks who have taken a vow of silence.  It’s a peaceful place which even has a sign as one enters, ‘No hunting allowed except for peace.”  I wasn’t even hunting for it, yet it found me. 
FIVE. 
It’s just a number. And yet…it’s so much more.
Five years ago, today, marks the moment when my friend came to help me in my darkest hour, and it turned into being the darkest hour for his wife. It’s the moment he gave his life in rescuing mine.  It’s the moment that harnessed on me peace (the enemy tried putting on me conflict), order (the enemy tried putting on me confusion), sorrow (the enemy tried putting on me depression), gratitude (the enemy tried putting on me ungratefulness), trust (the enemy tried putting on me distrust), and a deeper understanding of latwan (the enemy tried putting on me hate). I see the unseen battle of angels contending to keep harnessed on me those things of God. It’s a battle I never chose to be engaged in, yet one I will warrior on with integrity until He calls me Home. 
Five years ago, today, marked the moment I realized just when I thought things couldn’t get worse, they could.  It’s the moment the enemy intended for destruction, but the same moment Christ is faithful to redeem. 

I wait.  Five years have passed, and I continue to wait.  I don’t know what I’m waiting for, but I know it’s going to be something grander than grand. Something too extraordinary for words.  So, I wait.  5 years. 5 years and 5 days. 5 years and 55 days. 50 years.  55 years.  500 years. It doesn’t matter.  I wait because He IS faithful. He will redeem this moment.  It was just a moment five years ago…a moment that changed everything.  IT IS A MOMENT THAT WILL BE REDEEMED.



Comments